Ever noticed that the most memorable weddings are those when the bride and groom can really leave their stamp on the day, showing off their style, charisma, and personality. When they break away from convention and make a statement that lives long in the memory of guests as well as the happy couple.
Well, for these trend-setters, one way to break from the norm is to hire a helicopter for your wedding day in Nottinghamshire. A vintage car, even a horse and carriage are great, but if you really want to arrive at your venue in style, and make a stunning impression, then nothing matches being flown in.
Central Helicopters has a tailored Wedding Flight Service for Nottingham and the East Midlands. Our expert team will work with you to consider your location and its suitability for a helicopter arrival, and the all-important timings, so you arrive exactly on-cue, and your unforgettable arrival is captured on pictures and your big wedding day video.
Forget about squeezing into a cramp car, our Robinson R44 is the ultimate limousine, where you can stretch out and enjoy a glass of bubbly. If you’d like to bring some wedding guests along for the ride, you could even charter our larger Bell 206 LongRanger.
Depending on the length and time of your flight, chartering a helicopter can be very competitive on price in comparison with more traditional (and less exciting) forms of wedding day transport. If you’d like to find out more about how to hire a helicopter for your wedding day in Nottinghamshire, call 01664 823846, or find out more about our private flights.
Britain is blessed with some of the best sporting events in the world. In 2017, the UK will stage the Champions League final, the pinnacle of club football, as well as playing host to the best golfers on the planet at the British Open.
Sounds good? Well, if you fancy experiencing the excitement, action and glamour first-hand, you’ll also be joining hundreds of thousands of other sports fans. While all those spectators make for an unforgettable atmosphere, you’ll also have the hassle of queuing, trying to find a car parking space, not to mention the long journey home.
Well, there is another way. By chartering a helicopter, you’ll be arriving in style, making the ultimate entrance, and ensuring you embark on the ultimate day out. Here are five 2017 UK sports events best reached by helicopter.
- Grand National, Aintree, Liverpool, April 6-8
The Grand National is one of the most famous horse races in the world. The iconic jump race is also the most valuable in Europe, with last year’s prize fund at more than £1m. First run in 1839, the four-mile race is the ultimate test for horses and jockeys alike, and includes the infamous Becher’s Brook and The Chair.
- Uefa Champions League final, Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, June 3
It’s the most watched sports event in the world, and this year, the Uefa Champions League final will be held in England. The 80,000-seat Millennium Stadium will again play host to some of the best footballers on earth. Real Madrid, the most successful club in its history, have won the competition 11 times, and are once again amongst the favourites to lift this year’s trophy.
- Wimbledon, London, July 3-16
Wimbledon is still one of the top events on the sporting calendar. The romance, glamour and style of Wimbledon is legendary, and still make it the most exclusive tennis competition anywhere. What better way to get there than by private helicopter? You can be flown to within just a few miles of the famous All England Lawn Tennis Club.
- Formula 1 British Grand Prix, Silverstone, July 14 to July 16
Nothing is quite as glamorous and thrilling as F1. You’ll be joining 100,000 spectators on the Sunday race day, watching the quickest race cars on the planet tear round one of the fastest circuits on the calendar. Make your day that much more memorable and exclusive by chartering a helicopter and flying directly into the circuit. Avoid the traffic jams and get to your trackside-seat in style.
- The Open, Royal Birkdale Golf Club, Southport, July 20-23
The only golf Major outside of the U.S., The Open is also considered one of the grandest, with its long history dating back to 1860. You’ll be flown within a whisker of this year’s course, Royal Birkdale, one of the UK’s best links courses. On your way, you’ll get some spectacular views of the north-west coastline and the beautiful old course.
Find out more about chartering a helicopter, or for flying to these 2017 UK sports events best reached by helicopter, or call 01664 823846 to find out more.
- There is no wasted time sitting in traffic jams and no need to depend on a rail system which, as we all know, will sometimes let you down – and you can also spend a lot of time hanging around waiting for your connecting service if you’re doing a more complicated journey
- A helicopter is the ideal mode of transport if you need to get to more than one location in a single day
- There are no lengthy and potentially stressful check-in procedures at airports, so travel is a lot quicker and easier
- Fit in more meetings and make the most of your time so that you maximise productivity
- It helps you to open up new markets and maintain and provide the best possible service for current customers – you’ll be able to have more face to face meetings for example
- A more cost-effective option than you may have realised
- Travelling by helicopter allows you or your key personnel to return home the same day rather than staying away, reducing hotel bills but, more importantly, improving quality of life and the work/life balance
- You can leave from a departure point near your home so won’t spend time travelling to an airport
- Corporate hospitality
- Attending product launches, conferences and other gatherings
Flights from Central Helicopters